Wilson Elser's Garden City office currently seeks an Intellectual Property Associate Attorney.
This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney to join a fast-paced and dynamic intellectual property team focused on IP law, litigation, cyber/media liability, and other related areas to take the next step in their career by becoming part of a national law firm with a wide range of resources and opportunities. Working with the National IP Team co-chair on Long Island and with attorneys around the country, this position offers the opportunity to join a growing practice that handles complex national and international matters.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 900 attorneys, across 41 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
· JD from an accredited law school
· Must be admitted to practice in the State of New York and to a Federal Court
· 2+ years of experience with litigation, with at least some experience in intellectual property and commercial litigation
· Additional experience with trademark prosecution, data privacy/information governance, technology E&O, internet law and/or transactional matters is a plus
· Excellent analytical, writing, client service, and professional communications skills
· Legal project management experience is helpful
· Handle a litigation caseload and counsel clients in the areas of IP, media, and technology
· Work closely with other attorneys and Partners on legal projects
· Act as part of a team that prosecutes and defends lawsuits involving copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, trade libel and internet-related exposures
· Communicate with clients and provide status reports
Why Should You Apply?
· Excellent Benefits
· Professional development programs including in-house CLE and National Attorney Training
· Generous PTO plan
· Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
· Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses their commitment to both their clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online or sending your credentials to AttorneyRecruiting@wilsonelser.com and putting "Garden City Intellectual Property Associate Attorney" in the subject line.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.