Weiss Serota Helfman Cole & Bierman, P.L. is seeking a Florida attorney to join Municipal Land Use and Zoning Law practice in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Other members of the practice group are AICP or FAICP with planning degrees and experience, and/or are board-certified city, county and local government attorneys.
- Support the land use and zoning needs of South Florida local governments where the firm serves as municipal attorney and as outside counsel
- Draft plans, codes, ordinances and resolutions
- Meet with City management and planning staffs, and with applicants and their counsel
- Review, comment upon and approve meeting packets
- Sit with planning and zoning boards, design review boards, historic preservation boards, development review committees and boards of adjustments
- Advise clients on quasi-judicial proceedings
- Work with the firm’s litigation group to handle land use and zoning related litigation and appeals, including research, analysis and drafting related to First Amendment, RLUIPA, takings and Harris Act claims, and petitions for writ of certiorari
- Advise clients on ethics, sunshine and public records issues
- Potentially serve as a backup to sit with local governing bodies
The right candidate will be able to work in multiple, diverse political environments, and be flexible enough to adapt to the different styles, demographics, geography, policy preferences, and built environments of the firm’s clients. The right candidate will also have a demonstrated desire and commitment to the development and maintenance of land use and zoning expertise.
Position requirements: Member of the Florida Bar. Strong writing and analytical skills required. Strong preference for planning education or experience and at least two (2) years of in-house municipal or County legal or planning experience. For consideration, forward your letter of interest and resume to Norma Salgado at email@example.com Visit our Website at http://www.wsh-law.com/practices/land-use-and-zoning-public2/ to learn more about the Firm’s Municipal Land Use and Zoning Law Practice Group.