MacDonald Hoague & Bayless seeks a full-time associate attorney to fight for the civil rights of workers, persons with disabilities, prisoners, tenants, victims of police misconduct, and others.
The associate will work with other attorneys at the firm on all phases of litigation from intake to trial and appeal. Applicants should have:
- at least two years of experience in civil litigation (or federal clerkship experience)
- experience in, or a demonstrated passion for, civil rights and employment law, and an interest in the practice areas of the firm
- skills or experience making them ready to take on tasks such as working directly with clients, drafting pleadings, taking depositions, arguing motions in court, and assisting with presenting cases to juries at trial
- excellent research and writing skills
- demonstrated ability to work with other attorneys and staff in a supportive and collaborative manner
- admission (or willingness to gain admission) to the Washington State Bar Association
MHB has been at the forefront of civil rights litigation in the Pacific Northwest for more than 60 years. We represent plaintiffs in several practice areas, including employment discrimination, police misconduct, fair housing, public records, and personal injury. You can find more information about the firm on our website, https://www.mhb.com.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and law school transcript (unofficial is acceptable) to email@example.com by February 22, 2019.
Please include “Applicant for Litigation Associate Position” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.