Manager, Corporate Counsel
The Mgr, Corporate Counsel protects the company by minimizing or eliminating undue exposure and assessing and managing legal risk while advancing the Company’s business goals and objectives.
- Provides legal advice to relevant decision-makers throughout a wide array of departments on routine and non-routine legal matters mostly focused in contract review and transactional and corporate work.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as with internal policies.
- Provides first-rate legal advice on day to day business affairs and identifies related legal risks to reduce or eliminate undue exposure for the Company.
- Draft legal documents, negotiation and review: ensures a smooth drafting, negotiation and/or review process by setting minimum standards for engagements and/or other business-related affairs.
- Executes through regular one on one or team meetings, builds understanding and commitment among all level of employees in order for them to comply with Company’s policies as well as with applicable laws and regulations by systematic supervision and review of transactions, ensures employees can adequately advance Company’s goals and objectives within regulatory framework’s boundaries.
- Provides support to internal clients regarding proposed transactions and strategic initiatives, interpretation of relevant statutes and current contracts
- Exercising cross-departmental leadership and excellent interpersonal skills for the purpose of building trusted relationships between Legal and its internal clients.
- Have knowledge of the regulatory framework in the industry and its ongoing developments.
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited US law school, solid credentials and membership in good standing of the bar in at least one state.
- 1-3 of experience of directed legal experience in drafting and negotiating contracts in a variety of areas.
- Understanding and focus of international law is a plus
- Excellent legal writing and verbal communication skills.
- Keen understanding and knowledge of contract formation, modification, and interpretation.
*Please be advised that you may be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment may be emailed to you after you apply and a recruiter has reviewed your application.*
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please apply here.