Attorney- Employment Law (FLL) Bilingual
Microsoft - Fort Lauderdale, FL4.2
Estimated: $77,000 - $100,000 a year
- Human Resources
Our mission is to empower everyone, everywhere to achieve more.
The world is diverse, and we can better empower everyone by representing everyone. We need to be open to learning our own biases and changing our behaviors so we can tap into the collective power of everyone at Microsoft. We don’t just value differences, we seek them out, we invite them in. We want all our employees to feel that Microsoft is not only a place where they are included, but a place where they belong. As a result, our ideas will be bigger, our products will be better, and our customers will be better served.
As part of the Workplace Investigations Team you will contribute to this mission by ensuring that our employees around the world work in a culture that is inclusive and fair. You will conduct impartial and thorough investigations with respect and empathy for your colleagues. This work is important in closing the gap between the culture we seek and the day-to-day realities that some might experience. As a Workplace Investigations Attorney, you will be an integral part of the leadership in continuing to transform our culture to the one we aspire to.
We are looking for an Attorney for our Workforce Investigations Team based in Fort Lauderdale to perform regional investigations across the Latin America region. This individual will be part of a global investigations team responsible for handling workplace concerns across the 100+ countries where Microsoft operates.
- Independently and impartially lead and manage multiple, comprehensive and timely investigations of complex and cross-border employee relations issues in a thorough and empathetic way
- Conduct complex, professional interviews, often involving senior management, prepare investigation reports, and convey ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Bring a high degree of EQ and a human dimension to your investigations, realizing that neutrality doesn’t mean ambivalence
- Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in scenarios that are complex and highly sensitive, consulting with legal counsel as needed.
- Make determinations regarding workplace behavior including company policies related to equal employment opportunity, anti-harassment and anti-discrimination, and family and romantic relationship conflicts of interest.
- Partner with HR and local and regional legal and HR contacts to ensure investigation of employee relations issues in a comprehensive and timely manner.
- Navigate a complex and global organization structure, working through hand-offs and engagement with other teams and identifying where improvements can be made
- Effectively and professionally communicate regarding investigation progress and findings.
- Respond proactively to the tracking, trending, and analysis of employee relations issues.
Conduct trainings to increase capabilities on identification and appropriate handling of employee relations matters.
- Partner with other internal investigative teams.
- Collaborate with the team regarding processes and best practices to improve investigation consistency, efficiency and effectiveness.
- 8+years of legal work experience in the areas of employment law or workplace investigations
- Law Degree from an accredited law school with a license to practice law
- Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese
- Ability to travel 25-50%
- Expertise in the employment laws or workplace investigation practices in the Latin America region
- Prior experience at a large international organization working on employment/investigation issues.
- Significant experience conducting and consulting on cross-border and complex workplace investigations
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources practices and regionally applicable local employment laws
- Experience developing and delivering training on investigative issues