Assistant General Counsel: Legal, Risk & Privacy Department
Provides support for the General Counsel and the organization on a variety of legal matters. Performs job duties consistent with safety, legal and regulatory requirements and the organizations values, standards, culture and business practices.
* Conducts research and drafts legal opinions or contracts, collaborating with other counsel as required.
* Investigates and develops solutions to legal issues and reviews/revises basic projects/contracts, as assigned.
* Serves as a liaison between the Legal Department and management, outside counsel, governmental/regulatory agencies and/or others as requested by the Legal Department.
* Provides legal advice and counsel to clinical and business units in diverse matters affecting the day-to-day activities of the organization.
* Participates in various legal projects.
* May monitor and manage outside counsel and outside legal budgets on assigned matters.
* Continually evaluates changes in laws and regulations, communicates those changes to business stakeholders and drafts policy changes, as required.
* Negotiates with outside parties on legal disputes, including settlements.
* Provides support and assistance in developing and writing Standard Practices and policies.
* Attends meetings representing the Legal Department and identifies issues related to subject matters discussed.