Legal & Business Affairs
The Business & Legal Affairs Department supports the various business units of NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises principally in the areas of vendor engagement, development, production, licensing and distribution.
The Associate Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs is an entry level attorney position that will support the VP – Business & Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the department.
• Under supervision of a senior attorney, negotiate, draft, review and interpret an extensive range of agreements, including, but not limited to, vendor, distribution, rights acquisition, production, and license agreements.
• Under supervision of a senior attorney, review unscripted productions for legal and reputational risks, for discussion and analysis within the department and with key business stakeholders.
• Assist with creating deal summaries and maintaining and otherwise administering day-to-day contractual and operational matters, including preparation letters and memoranda to internal and external clients, presentations to senior-level management, etc.
• Provide general advice and support to the business.
• Generally support the other attorneys and professionals in the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• JD degree and US bar membership.
• 2+ years’ previous experience as a lawyer in an entertainment law firm or business/legal affairs position at a network or entertainment company.
• Superior communication, interpersonal, drafting, analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills. Ability to conduct business bilingually in Spanish and English preferred.
• Proficient in Outlook Calendar, Contacts.
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami area, Florida.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Willingness to travel and work on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively to client concerns, questions and issues.
• High level of integrity and discretion.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to work with a large and disperse team of many different backgrounds.
• Excellent client service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to exercise proper judgment to assess priorities.
• Resourceful, proactive, assertive, detail-oriented and energetic.
• Self-starter, high level of motivation, ability to work independently.
• Ability to adapt to changing responsibilities and multiple assignments.
• Excellent organization and follow up skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and with tight time constraints.
• Proven ability to make effective decisions and solve problems.
• Superior time management and organizational skills.
TLMD Business & Legal Affairs
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Please apply here.