Associate General Counsel/In-House Attorney
- Report directly to CEO/President of the company and assume responsibility for all facets of the day-to-day business legal issues arising, related to:
- Compliance (ADA, environmental, TCPA)
- Real Estate/Land Use (acquisitions, zoning, approvals, contracts, broker agreements, due diligence)
- Contracts (marketing, general corporate)
- Construction (redevelopment, permits, architects contracts, construction contracts, consultant contracts, vendor agreements)
- Employee Litigation (worker’s comp and wage/hour claims)
- Manufacture Issues (fraud, facility upgrades)
- Customer Issues (complaints, fraud)
- Loans (term, construction, administration, amendments)
- Miscellaneous (Corporate ownership)
- Automobile law specific (labor, part rate increases, updates to our form customer contracts).
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of Florida and a member of the Florida bar association in good standing
- Experience with state and federal laws, rules and regulations with respect to licensing; marketing, origination, underwriting; warehouse lines of credit; and, affiliated transactions
- Knowledge of private real estate finance, including promissory notes, mortgages, title insurance, surveys, loan closing, etc.
- Excellent drafting skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple short-term tasks under pressure and manage outside counsel Requirements
- Work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Team player with the ability to interact with attorneys, clients, and office staff in a professional manner.
- Excellent strategic perspective to join the senior management team
Education and/or Experience
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
- 5+ years of relevant experience either in-house with a real state or construction company
Please Apply Here