Company: Carnival Corporation & plc
Area of Interest: Legal
Job Title: Associate General Counsel
You are highly analytical and have strong negotiation, writing and exceptional communication skills. You have a J.D. from an accredited law school and are a member in good standing with a State Bar. You have at least 3 years of relevant experience with a major law firm and/or as in-house counsel with a focus on commercial transactions. As a publicly traded Fortune 200 Company we’d consider knowledge in finance and securities regulations a strong asset.
Based in Carnival Corporation’s global headquarters in Miami, FL, you will report directly to our General Council. Periodically, you will have the opportunity to showcase your communication skills as you present before our senior management.
For this role we are not looking for candidates whose experience is primarily litigation.
This position works closely with various Carnival Corporation departments (including senior management), as well as the relevant departments at each operating company, to provide timely and effective legal counsel. This position mostly works under moderate supervision and the individual in this role must be comfortable making decisions as to contractual language and providing legal advice to business teams. The individual in this role must be efficient, organized and capable of managing multiple projects at the same time.
The objective of this position is to serve as an attorney in the Carnival Corporation Corporate Legal Department. Primary responsibilities focus on the review and negotiation of contractual agreements on behalf of Carnival Corporation and its affiliate companies.
Additionally, the Associate General Counsel will:
- Provide legal advice, support and assistance on corporate business transactions and projects including mergers and acquisitions, joint venture, port development and similar corporate transactions.
- Provide legal support in drafting, reviewing and negotiating contractual agreements, including service agreements, licensing agreements, credit card and payments related agreements, port berthing agreements, strategic partnership agreements and supplier agreements.
- Provide support on financing transactions as needed, including ongoing compliance matters.
- Supervise and manage special projects from time to time.
- Interact with various brands and business units in addressing legal concerns and issues.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and member in good standing with a State Bar.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience with a major law firm and/or as in-house counsel with experience in commercial transactions.
- Knowledge in finance and securities regulations is a plus.
- Strong analytical, negotiating, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple high priority matters at any given time.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills (written and verbal) required.
- Highly proficient technical skills in MS Office Suite.
- Team player who can also work independently and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Work beyond normal business hours is required occasionally to support business needs or projects.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary
- Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development
- An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendor
About Carnival Corporation & plc
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
req7729Job ID 4986064