VP, Assistant General Counsel -Commercial Bank - Innovations & Products Digital Attorney
Job Identification - 210150600
Job Category - Counsel
- 10 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL, 60603, US
- 8181 Communications Pkwy Bldg B, Plano, TX, 75024, US
Job Schedule - Full time
Job Shift - Day
Legal – Commercial Banking - Innovation and Products and Shared Services – Assistant General Counsel, Vice President (Plano, TX; Chicago, IL)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) (the “firm”) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. In particular, the Commercial Banking business delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to more than 24,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit organizations with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion and nearly 35,000 real estate investors/owners. Commercial Banking offers a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, equipment finance, real estate finance, and treasury services, and provides clients with access to the investment banking services of J.P. Morgan.
The firm’s Legal Department is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the firm’s lines of business and corporate staff areas. Each Practice Group has a General Counsel who is the Practice Group Head and who reports to the firm’s General Counsel. This structure provides the means for the Legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas and for the lines of business and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the Legal teams in a timely manner.
The Commercial Banking Innovation & Products and Shared Services Legal team is seeking a talented attorney to provide transactional and strategic legal support to the Commercial Banking Innovation and Transformation team, with a significant focus on complex product development related to business-led transformation, digitization and simplification initiatives.
This position will report directly to the Head of Innovation & Products and Shared Services Legal. The position will be based in Plano, TX or Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic, commercially pragmatic and trusted legal advice to the business as to the reasonableness or viability of digital products and services (including digital payment products and services).
- Partnering closely with the business and product partners to understand the digital vision and strategy and be positioned to identify issues or concerns early-on and propose possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Drafting and simplifying legal agreements and disclosures used throughout the digital channels.
- Issue-spotting, researching and appropriately escalating risks and concerns related to anti-trust, data aggregation and data use, ESIGN, ADA, TCPA, UDAAP/UDAP, UETA, and GLBA.
- Providing ongoing support and assistance to business clients, the rest of Commercial Bank Legal and other legal teams and functional partners as to contract interpretation, new business initiatives, and regulatory rule making (including in the alternative and emerging payments space and overall payments industry).
- Benchmarking legal best practices and strategies in the technology and fintech industry.
- Collaborating with other functional partners to ensure appropriate awareness and escalation of issues as they arise.
- Participating in legal department and/or cross line of business initiatives and projects, including responding to regulatory requests in the digital and payments space and fostering awareness of emerging digital and payments issues across Commercial Bank legal.
- Working with the Regulatory team to identify and review new statutes and regulations that have a digital impact and develop a response to such statutes and regulations.
- Providing ongoing review and issue-spotting for existing client-facing digital platforms and communications related to the platforms, as well as assisting in the roll-out of new platforms.
- Managing external counsel when engaged to give advice on a particular issue.
- At least 7+ years of relevant legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department at a fintech, large bank, regulator or other financial services company is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the state and federal laws related to digital payments, digital, payments and/or technology matters is strongly preferred
- Experience in collaborating on a broad range of business strategies and has a reputation for providing valued independent counsel and wise judgment
- Strategic and visionary in anticipating legal issues for different businesses and business models
- Ability to prioritize work, effectively manage a large number of issues at one time, and interact effectively with senior management
- Ability to understand the business needs and develop collaborative relationships with internal partners across the supported businesses, and the firm
- Effective and efficient problem solver; strong organizational and project management skills
- Self-starter; ability to deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/ jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
With large, global operations, the Legal team tackles complex issues and helps shape the regulations that affect the businesses. The group is organized into practice groups that align with the lines of business and corporate staff areas, which encourages collaboration on legal, regulatory and business developments as they arise.